View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #95
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
I follow the Ravens pretty closely so I have seen him play. All he is is a good athlete. Doesn't play with instincts, not physical, won't do any of the dirty work on the inside. You want to give a 3rd round pick for that when we traded DeMeco for a 4th round pick? lol
DeMeco's value was less because of his contract. If DeMeco had a more cap friendly deal then he would either still be a Texan or would have been traded for a higher pick.

As far as Gooden goes, I've already addressed why he struggled transitioning inside. Move Wade Smith to Left Tackle and see if he makes a smooth transition. Some guys need a change of scenery before they get it. I could list a ton of players who were considered terrible with one team only to thrive on another. I don't doubt that he wasn't very good with the Ravens, but their expectations of him were unrealistic. I can't say I watched him closely there, but I have seen him quite a bit in preseason and on special teams with the Niners. After talking with my friend I feel pretty confident in saying he's going to be a starter for someone in the league next year. A third may be too high, but i'm not a GM so we're all just throwing stuff out there. Not set in stone my dude.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote