View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How come the Jets loss and we didn't win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post

It was an ugly win in the following ways:

1. Schaub had his worst game of the season and posted a 71 quarterback rating. He also threw his Second pick of the season.
eh.... he wasn't sacked, showed good pocket presence, command of the offense, & good judgement.
Quote:
2. Andre Johnson was held to one catch.
Andre Johnson caught one ball, dropped two, maybe three. Had nothing to do with Cromartie. We also saw more Posey, Martin, & Casey in the offense. OD & KDub really stepped it up as well. Good to see considering most of us do not expect the big fella to play 16 games.
Quote:
3. We failed to covert three red zone trips into tds and settled for field goals.
True
Quote:
4. We allowed one of the worst offenses in the league to ring up 17 points on us and actually had a chance to win game...albeit a small one.
Are you telling me the defense wasn't awesome Monday night? That the world doesn't know Jj Watt now? Cushing left mid 2nd Qtr & their offense put up 3 points. We got two turnovers. The Jets converted only 28% of their third downs & we held them to 3 ypc on 69 yards, even though our offense did not nullify the running game..... & did I mention Jj Watt still leads the league in sacks after 5 weeks?
Quote:
5. Jonathan Joseph had arguably his worst game in a Texans uniform.
Yup, But Kj stepped it up, so did McCain This is a team sport.
Quote:
If you somehow think that was an impressive win then you are blind to the deficiencies that were displayed. I do think it was a quality win but we should have handled them much easier.
There's a lot of territory between impressive & ugly. Our offense played clean, I can't think of any offensive penalties. We moved the ball, scored 23 points & controlled the game from start to finish. Our defense made the Jets work their asses off to score 10 points.

Not impressive, far from it. Not ugly, far from it. It's a W against an AFC opponent. They're talking about moral victories, not us.