Thread: wth packers?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #66
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: wtf packers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
At the outset of this season, the Packers game in week 6 was one of them I had tagged for a "tough out". After 5 weeks, understanding you still have to play each game each week full out, this packer team doesn't seem quite so "tough".

Green Bay is coached by a no-nonsense guy in Mike Mularkey. I can't believe that they haven't gone into any game this season NOT prepared to battle and play their best football against the best or even worst of opponents. BUT, at 2-3, they simply are NOT a great team. I've watched 3 of their games and it's obvious that they are a shell of what they were last year. No D to speak of. They can't run effectively at will. Rogers is getting bounced around. I see NO reason that trend can't and won't continue in week 6.

If the Texans play within themselves, in the same general fashion they have through the first 5 weeks, Green Bay will have to play out of their minds to have a chance of upsetting the Texans in Houston.

One other thing... I live in NC, so get no luxury in witnessing first hand.. BUT, I'd LOVE to see how electric Reliant is with the 5-0 Texans Hosting the 2-3 Packers. I think the 12th man will be bigger than ever this week.
I'm still a little hesitant to believe they might be a shell of what they were last year. I guess that may change if they continue down this path.

I've seen a good portion of every gave they've played this year and am noticing part of the problem is they're not getting the amount of turnovers necessary to offset the suckage on their defense.

I agree running the ball could end up being difficult for them in this game. I'm just curious what Houston's offense will be capable of. They could end up having their best game.

We've always said that though against teams they've played this season that were ranked near the bottom statistically in some defensive categories(Titans, Jets) but I feel like they'll really break out in this one.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote