View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #83
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
....but maybe with our struggles in run defense this might not hurt as bad as it looks.
I don't even seem to really recall either of our ILBs doing much pass rushing this season. Cushing was blitzing the QB pretty regularly last year, but I think Wade has been holding that back (for whatever reason) this year especially with how much pressure our DTs and OLBs have been getting so far this year.

Therefore, we're obviously losing some talent with Cushing being out for the year...but Dobbins is going to be a run stopping beast out there. So the ILB focus will be the same, but we're losing the intangibles that Cushing brings.

A guy like Dobbins, just because he hasn't ben featured heavily, he wants to go out there and show what he can do. And I think he will do a pretty good job. Plus, Wade will adapt and adjust things to compensate.