View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #344
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing torn ACL .. out for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
What really pisses me off about this is the fact that there's no discussion of punishment for the bastard that did this. He clearly went after Cushing's knee. He got washed out of the play, got up from the ground, and went after the back of Cushing's leg. He didn't trip or stumble, and wasn't blocked into it. I think some of you saying it wasn't intentional are off your rocker. Or maybe you're confusing premeditation with intention.

If a defensive player hits an offensive player in the head, no matter what the circumstance, he's fined. He can be actively trying to avoid hitting a player in the head, but if the offensive guy ducks into it, the defenseman is fined. Here we have a guy that clearly went after Cushing, should have been flagged, and probably isn't going to be fined. It's a BS double standard. Going after a man's knee is every bit as debilitating as headhunting, perhaps even moreso.

I havent seen any talking heads or anyone from the league say it was an illegal block, in fact the heads that I saw said it was legal. Should it be against the rules? I think so and I think Clay Matthews has a great point about protecting player safety on both sides of the ball
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote