View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #24
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Put together a trade scenario game

I'd rather see Whitney Mercilus becoming a starter, whether he has to play ILB, or move Reed or Barwin to ILB so he can do what he does best and that's rushing the passer from the outside as an OLB. The kid is pretty damn special and led the nation in sacks last year (16.5). He also had 22.5 tackles for losses which led the nation.

Keep in mind it was around this time last year when Brooks Reed was forced to start at OLB due to Mario Williams' injury, and that's when he became a beast. Going on a nice sack surge (5 sacks in 6 games I think it was). I said a few weeks ago that I believe Whitney Mercilus can come on strong once he gets playing time like Reed did last year.

Do I like Tim Dobbins, eh he's alright but not great. Do I like Mister Alexander or Daryl Sharpton? I haven't seen much of both and neither has future pro bowl ability to me. Sharpton could be a sleeper but the guy's body can't hold up. Do we need to make a trade? I don't think we do.

The answer is Whitney Mercilus. This kid is going to become a 6-time All Pro. There has to be a way to give him more playing time, preferably starting him. There's a reason why drafted him in the 1st round. To play him at some point.