View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #80
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

i dont think you can call them "pretty close to being the same guy", because cushing is about the most complete linebacker playing today in my opinion, but i'm encouraged by your last post GP. that's a lot of the impression of dobbins i've got as well - he certainly has shown up. there are going to be more busted plays and misses with dobbins compared to cushing, but that's to be expected, he is likely to make himself known as a positive on defense.

as you also said, my worry isnt so much that dobbins can contribute - it's how much he can mask james. i'd be much more comfortable with a rangy playmaker than a thumper beside james, but maybe with our struggles in run defense this might not hurt as bad as it looks.