View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #69
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I don't think San Francisco would worry about giving up a player to a team in an opposing conference because they might meet them in the Super Bowl. Maybe a divisional rival, but that's looking way too far ahead if they're being offered a good pick for a backup player on their roster. I don't think it's gonna happen, but for the same reasons we're not willing to part with Ben Tate. If Bowman or Willis get hurt they're going to be depending on Gooden to step up. They would only consider it because he's likely gone after the season anyway. You hate to lose guys for nothing when you can acquire picks to replace them.

All that being said, Dobbins is going to have to play big. I have confidence in him though. He's played like a man when called upon and may surprise some people. We'll miss Cushing's versatility and pass coverage, but we'll be fine.
The bolded is exactly what concerns me and perhaps some others. Who is going to fill the Cushmoster's shoes in nickle and dime? Dobbins is all downhill, and good at it. In coverage? I'm not so sure and I can see saliva running down Rodger's and Flacco's chin.

Hope Wade can be trusted in to fix this cluster.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote