View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Can we talk about the big fat elephant in the room for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
????

So if we can stop the run when everyone knows it's a run, then that's an accomplishment to you?

I don't know what the deal is with us stopping the running game, but I honestly believe that we respect certain teams ability to run the ball and not others.

Wade is smart.

If a team likes to run a lot then we gear up to stop the run. Not many offenses can do everything. So we stop what they've been doing well and make them get yards in other ways.
We may not be forcing three & outs like we did under Frank Bush in '09, but we're getting the ball back for our offense. I'm not worried about Chris Johnson running for 40000 yards when their offense only scores 10 points & we scored 38.

It's a non issue & not reflective of our defense's ability to stop the run.

If we can't stop the run when we know it's coming & we need a possesion to win the game, yeah, that's something to talk about.