View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #68
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Thanks for link.

I don't see LZ's logic in thinking the 49ers would trade us ANY PLAYER since we might be meeting them in the SB.

Dobbins is, as I agree with LZ, the only option. But who sits behind Dobbins now? THAT is the million dollar question. Alexander? I don't think it's Sharpton because he wouldn't be ready even if he were available right now, according to Kubiak's own words on the matter.

So we can't have any more bad luck at ILB, or it could be really really bad. t's really bad right now, it cannot get really REALLY bad. Or else.

Thank you, Rex Ryan! On your way to sucking balls this year you managed to find a way to remove our best ILB for the season. Way to go, chump.
I don't think San Francisco would worry about giving up a player to a team in an opposing conference because they might meet them in the Super Bowl. Maybe a divisional rival, but that's looking way too far ahead if they're being offered a good pick for a backup player on their roster. I don't think it's gonna happen, but for the same reasons we're not willing to part with Ben Tate. If Bowman or Willis get hurt they're going to be depending on Gooden to step up. They would only consider it because he's likely gone after the season anyway. You hate to lose guys for nothing when you can acquire picks to replace them.

All that being said, Dobbins is going to have to play big. I have confidence in him though. He's played like a man when called upon and may surprise some people. We'll miss Cushing's versatility and pass coverage, but we'll be fine.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote