View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
IIRC Jesse Nading got some time at ILB during training camp when Cush missed some time. He did not look bad. Dobbins is the next man up, Nading should be in the rotation and we wait a to hear on Sharpton.

As for Draft picks I want to add Shayne Skov into the conversation. I love Te'o but he is top 10 so he is long gone, Minter also looks like a solid 2nd round option for this team.

In Wade I trust!
If there is an ILB in 2013 that is worth it, I'd sell our draft for the guy. But he has to be THE guy who is the next big thing. No wiggle room, he has to be the business or I don't do it.

I'd then pretend Cushing will never play another down for us, and take the next new Cushing in the draft class and be done with it. Call it a draft for 2013. Wrap it up, pack up the laptops early and leave New York feeling like a million bucks. Then use free agency to fill gaps. Barwin is not a $$$ problem because he won't be brought back, which should help free up some cap space for FA.