View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #372
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I can only hope that was Kj's plan. Hope he isn't reading these boards & feeling the pressure to turn his head & play the ball. The simplest thing to do there, like you said, is when the reciever keys in on the ball in the air, before his feet comes down, push him out of bounds.

I don't see many DBs playing it that way. But since the rule change, it's the highest percentage play imo.

I agree, Kj did an excellent job forcing the receiver to the back line & keeping his eyes on him.
It happens from time to time.
Jackson did it against Dez Bryant once in his rookie year on a ball along the sideline. Bryant is big and tall and can jump. It was a good play by Jackson knowing that he can't outjump the receiver.

Also, JJo did it recently against the Denver's receiver, whatshisname (?) in the endzone. He was beat, but recovered enough give the receiver a shove before he can get both feet inbound.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote