Thread: Concerned....
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #33
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Concerned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I'm curious about your take on the last series of runs for no gain, -1, and -4. I know Kubiak takes a lot of crap for going conservative, but I thought the last drive was what needed to happen. You come out slinging it, maybe you get the first down and end the game in victory formation...maybe you throw an INT or leave the clock at 1:30 or more. Or, you trust your top 5 defense with less than 20 seconds to hold. Personally, I'm good with that last drive.
I fail to understand how anyone can bash Kubiak for being too conservative on the last two possessions. We have the best running back in the NFL behind Matt Schaub, we're playing on the road with a lead, and some people expect to throw the ball instead? Huh? And risk a clock-stopping incompletion?

The Jets offense had done basically nothing against the Texans all night long. The only reason they were in the game at the end was because of Joe McKnight's kickoff return. Run the ball, run the clock, and show the Rex Ryan Jets what game-winning defense looks like.

I love it. The Texans don't need to get gimmicky or overly ballsy on offense to win games. This game was one we'd lose in the past, one of those all-too-familiar time of possession dominations that ended in a moral victory only. Except we won this time. This was a character-building win on the road on MNF against a desperate team.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote