View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: IF Cushing is done for the season what are our SB chances?

Tim Dobbins is a helluva' run stuffer, so we haven't lost run defense with Dobbins in there. He should've been playing in Bradie James' spot anyways (with Cush calling the plays), and it sucks that he's playing only because Cushing got hurt.

Frankly, I would expect us to go with a bigger secondary. Maybe play more nickel now. I'd have Manning up in the box, and have Quin and Nolan as safeties (Demps then replacing Nolan when Demps comes back). JJo and KJ as the two CBs. This way we can play Manning for coverage skills, but he can lay the damn wood on the shallow stuff and act as sort of an extra 'Backer out there too. When you have a guy like Manning, you have to use him differently if your ILB situation is iffy. And it's damn sure iffy now.

I don't know that any team out there would trade us a true, genuinely GOOD ILB right now. I'd offer the 2013 1st rounder, and maybe even an extra pick or player, etc., IF we could find a dancing partner who wants to party with us. Just don't see us doing that. ILB will be THE target of our next draft. We need multiple ILBs. Badly.