View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #370
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
All Jackson had to do is what he did: To pin the receiver to the end line and push him out of bound when the ball comes (with the change in rule that came out a few years ago, the CB can push the receiver out of bound once the ball is in his hands.) If the receiver doesn't have both feet in bound, it's an incompletion. Simple but efficient strategy by Jackson here.
I can only hope that was Kj's plan. Hope he isn't reading these boards & feeling the pressure to turn his head & play the ball. The simplest thing to do there, like you said, is when the reciever keys in on the ball in the air, before his feet comes down, push him out of bounds.

I don't see many DBs playing it that way. But since the rule change, it's the highest percentage play imo.

I agree, Kj did an excellent job forcing the receiver to the back line & keeping his eyes on him.