View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012   #217
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
was no one worried watching this game? did yall not see what i was seeing? our d looked pathetic. they made sanchez look like a decent QB.

playoff caliber qb's will tear the inside of this linebacking core up. james has not been impressive. they need to go outside of the organization. trades? free agents?
Our D looked pathetic? Let me check:

points allowed: 10 - thatīs pretty good
total yards allowed: 286 - that`s pretty decent
stoping 3d downs 72% of the time - that`s awesome
allowed 69 yards rushing - pretty good
217 yards passing and 1 TD - Iīll take that
14/32 completion percentage allowed - great
3 sacks - not bad
red zone: 2 trips no TDs - great
2 interceptions: great

Iīll take this pathetic defense every day if you ask me. Jojo looked bad and we allowed some throws - but in the NFL there are no easy games. Those guys are pros and they will make a play every now and then. If at all our own passing game was a little worrisome, not the defense. They always made the stop when they needed to.

As for Cushing... why? Why do we suffer those injuries to our best players every damn season. It is not Brady James, Shaun Cody or even Connor Barwin that gets injured, its our best defensive player (yeah, I still give that to Cushing over Watt and Jojo). Really hope its not season ending - if we could just get him back in time for the playoffs...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote