View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
to do it right, you have to feel the laxity in the joint. it's a very sensitive test when you can feel it yourself. I should retract my statement and say it looked positive, and the only way I'd call it positive is if I did it myself.
This is what I posted right after it happened. Just an FYI repost for those that do not know what Drawer Test entails and suggests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
What does drawer sign mean?
Drawer Sign measures what the mobility of the knee is front to back. Normal test result shows no more than 6-8 mm of laxity in either direction.

Anterior Drawer refers to a greater than that distance movement of the tibia (lower leg) from the femur (upper leg) forward, like pulling out a drawer, a laxity suggesting Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture (ACL rupture).

Posterior Drawer refers to a greater than 6-8 mm distance movement of the tibia from the femur backwards, like pushing the drawer back in, a laxity suggesting Posterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture (PCL rupture)

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote