View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012   #35
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10910 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Wade Phillips would like a head-coaching gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Eh, it doesn't matter what I would say. The template is out on me.

Wade Phillips can want to be a HC as much as Michael Jordan wants to be an NBA franchise owner...and they'll both get the same amount of success from it.

And in the meantime, everyone else in the Texans clubhouse is doing their jobs and they're not talking about playing or coaching for some future team or HC vacancy that doesn't exist yet. Only Wade continues to answer these questions, find himself in these media stories about becoming a HC again.

I have to remind myself that just because he is a genius with a 34 Defense doesn't mean he would be inherently smart with everything else that's thrown his way. I failed to fully realize that.

Here's to hoping that Bob and Rick and Gary are already making Plan B preparations for the new d-coord after this year. Wade will leave the first chance he gets, he's made that very clear on more than one occasion. Free country and all that jazz...

Who else on our team is even getting asked these questions? Behind Kubes, Son of Bum is the most high profile staff member we have. I would argue that most people outside of the Texans fan base are probably more familiar to the name Phillips. He is simply being honest and anyone with half a brain knows that a HC gig would be a strong temptation for ANYONE not already a HC. Also, if our players are so mentally weak that something like this will distract them, then they deserve to lose. Contenders are not that mentally fragile. Real men nut up. Besides, you talk about McNair making Phillips the highest DC like Phillips owes McNair or something. Phillips has already turned our piss poor, pathetic squad from 2010 into the most aggressive and possibly the most feared defenses in the span of less than 2 years. He has ALREADY earned his pay and more. The NFL is a business and it is HIS business to discuss or consider future HC gigs.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote