View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Wade Phillips would like a head-coaching gig

Eh, it doesn't matter what I would say. The template is out on me.

Wade Phillips can want to be a HC as much as Michael Jordan wants to be an NBA franchise owner...and they'll both get the same amount of success from it.

And in the meantime, everyone else in the Texans clubhouse is doing their jobs and they're not talking about playing or coaching for some future team or HC vacancy that doesn't exist yet. Only Wade continues to answer these questions, find himself in these media stories about becoming a HC again.

I have to remind myself that just because he is a genius with a 34 Defense doesn't mean he would be inherently smart with everything else that's thrown his way. I failed to fully realize that.

Here's to hoping that Bob and Rick and Gary are already making Plan B preparations for the new d-coord after this year. Wade will leave the first chance he gets, he's made that very clear on more than one occasion. Free country and all that jazz...