View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #70
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Problem is Longhorn fans take it as mean-spirited because they think they are God's gift to the world. I say things about many schools including Houston but Longhorn fans are by far the whiniest about criticism. Same goes when you are visiting DKR Stadium. Worst fans in the nation as far as I've encountered.
I don't disagree with some of what you are saying. However, I am going to give you something to think about. Most intolerable Longhorns fans I have met or know are also Cowboys fans. I would venture to say that the majority of the LH fanbase are also Cowboys fans.

I have seen it in many friends I have who are Longhorns/Cowboys fans. Most of the ones that were making me ill about VY and becoming Titans fans because of VY were also Cowboys fans.

It's apparently natural for them to act the same way about the team they root on Saturdays as the one they root for on Sundays.

However maybe we are a minority but there are a good amount of UT fans that grew up Oilers fans and are now Texans fans. We don't have that Cowboy fan mentality with our college team.

My point is there is no need to stomp on UT fans here because we are not the Cowboy fan types that you hate so much. Go bash away on Shaggy or some Cowboys board where it is often deserved.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote