View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #29
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86827 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Wade Phillips would like a head-coaching gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
EDITED.

You're not going anywhere, Wade. Stop this FECES already.

You're once again distracting us in the middle of a fantastic run, like you did last year I might add.

Starting to get pissed off about this. He needs to tell all reporters that questions about becoming a head coach again are off limits. He's the FREAKing defensive coordinator here and frankly, McNair should have built into his contract that Wade would decline to answer such questions at all times.

This FECES was reported LAST year, now here it is again THIS year. Bob should have a sit down with Wade and his agent, let them know this FECES is getting old. Yeah, yeah, yeah...."You can't stop a reporter from asking a question!" But you can start the interview by saying contractually you are not going to answer those questions, so let's skip to the questions about the FREAKING HOUSTON TEXANS already. End of problem.
I don't really see the problem GP. Wade is doing an outstanding job here, and if he gets another gig it will suck to lose him, but all of us should "expect" that to happen. If you want to have a top DC or OC, you can't also expect them not to be in talks for other HC jobs. That's asking to have it both ways, and that simply isn't realistic. HC gigs are always going to go to the hot coordinators around the league or ex HC's that want back in that are still hot commodities like Cowher and Dungy. I don't see Wade as some guy that is campaigning him name out there or anything, but he is being truthful and honest about wanting another shot at bringing a team to glory. After all that is what he has worked his whole life for. He deserves that shot again if teams out there feel that he is the man to get their franchise there. I really hope that you or no one else will bash Wade Phillips if he does end up deciding to take another coaching gig for doing an outstanding job in Houston.

All we can do is hope that he continues to improve our defense little by little for as long as he is here. Whether he leaves or not is out of our hands and we have no control over that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote