View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some encouraging news on Brooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
GP speaking about Brooks said he needed to get a nasty going on and let that be his inner self (which I happen to agree with). Nasty Nate said who would be afraid of an OG. GP was not talking about an untested rookie but a rookie with all the skills bringing out his toughness & wanting to dominate his opponent. At least that is how I interpreted GP. I guess if I'm wrong he will come in and set me straight.
I guess two opposite examples: JJ Watt and Kareem Jackson.

One guy started off immediately and hasn't done anything but climb since day 1.

The other guy, who was similarly gifted albeit in a different position on the field, has spent some time growing into himself and his abilities. Nobody doubted his talents. We questioned his ownership and application of those talents.

Brooks hasn't struck me as being ready. A lot of people talk about his size, his talent, etc. Yes, cannot disagree with that at all. Readiness? He's not there. Unless he somehow made a big leap in the past month. I saw him in the preseason, and liked some things and then would see him be late on an assignment on the next play. Inconsistency, looked a little unsure of himself, etc. Then the next play he's blocking straight ahead and driving two guys across from him like 10 yards into the secondary.

IF the guy gets it figured out? He could be the nastiest OL we've ever seen.