View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Wade Phillips would like a head-coaching gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
Why are acting like a spoiled child throwing a fit? Just like most high school and college football playing kid dreams about the NFL, rookies dreaming about stars and Pro Bowls, the coaches that are not Head Coaches already dream about getting that status again. It is, has been, and will always be Phillips's dream to be a HC again. The players understand that and if anything they should be both prepared for it and play harder to convince him to stay or make the last ride more memorable. Also, if any players DO get distracted by this, they are not the mature and ready player we need.
For one thing, this team--The Texans--they gave Wade a chance after he fell on his face trying to be a head coach (again).

Now here we are, supposedly on a track for the Super Bowl, like we were last year, and yet AGAIN we have Wade making comments about being a head coach...after having been made a very rich man by Bob McNair to be our d-coord.

So yeah, I make a big deal of it. I like the Texans. I don't particularly like stepping-stoners like Wade pulling this same old trick on an annual basis. One foot in, one foot out, looking for ways to attain a position he has no business trying to attain if we want all be perfectly honest about it.

I guess I also sort of begin to get curious about his intellect. Does he not know or appreciate the idea of being "THE BEST" at something, no matter what that is? You can make a lot of money, be very happy, AND attain accolades by being the best at something. Being head coach is not Wade's talent. He won't be the best at it, hell he won't even be MEDIOCRE at it. Yet he had to be one?

LOL. Some people struggle with crack cocaine. Some people have a gambling problem. I guess Wade's kryptonite is NFL head coach.

I shake my head at it. I really do. And the residue off it is that WE and our players have to deal with it. What players on our team talk the way this man talks? When was the last time Brian Cushing or any other player said "Yeah, I like it here...but I still dream of being with a SB team like the Giants or Patriots too."??????? They don't. No other Texans coach does this stuff, either, by the way.

Just when I get to the point of forgiving Wade for last year's transgression...he goes and pulls me back in with a new one. And it's identical to the last one. So I wonder about him. Great defensive mind, no doubt. Other areas? I dunno.