View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #10
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Wade Phillips would like a head-coaching gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I understand pride and ego play a big part in him wanting to be a HC again but its not like the guy is "settling" for a job here.

Highest paid DC in the league, in his hometown where his family is put on a throne and revered.
Agree.

Also, I don't think it's necessarily age. I think some owners are so desperate that they'd hire an experienced head coach, regardless of age. I just think Wade has been labeled "Mediocre head coach, outstanding Defensive Coordinator."

The head coaching gig is very big picture. Wade's been fired several times from that job, so, it looks to a lot of people like he can't lead. And that's ok. He's still an amazingly experienced coach, has an astonishing eye for recruiting (JJ Watt, aka, WHO?) and is a great defensive coordinator.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote