View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #17
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
To be fair, West Virginia did win the game in Austin. We do have to give the Miners some credit. This was a big win for them. And Texas did not look all that great on the defensive side of the ball.

These are both very good college football teams. But this year, WVU is better. They proved it on the field. Nobody was cheated. it was not the referees fault. And neither George W. Bush or Barack Obama was there, so they cannot be blamed either.

I hate to say it, but it is true and it needs to be said. Texas does not deserve to be ranked in the top 10 right now, and they will not be, because they just are not good enough. If the Horns want to be ranked in the top 10 going forward, then they will have to win games like this, at home against an opponent ranked slightly higher than them.

There is no excuse. I am as big a Texas fan as anyone here on this board - I authored this thread, for crying out loud - but let's be reasonable here. The Texas Longhorns lost to a better WVU team in Austin yesterday. That is all there is to it.
I'm not disputing any of that. West Virginia won the game. I'm not saying anything negative about West Virginia. Texas lost the game. No argument there. I didn't say either team was cheated in any way. I just didn't see a superior or inferior team on either sideline last night. I understand the game was in Austin but both teams looked equal to me last night. The game was ultimately decided by a botched snap/missed FG.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote