View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub was almost a Jet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Brady Quinn. Ok, so the Texans grab Brady Quinn and Kubiak goes to work on him. Does anyone here think that our results with Quinn might have been better than what Cleveland was able to do with him?

I'm a firm believer that some coaches just have no feel for developing players. Now granted some players will not (or cannot) develop no matter how hard you try (Carr being the obvious example) but I would imagine that if the Texans had decided to pursue Quinn back then it would have been following some serious research and a few interviews. Basically I think in order for Gary to green light that pick he'd have had to been convinced that Quinn could be developed.

Who knows what would have happened.
most definitely, he would've developed quite a bit further with kubiak and the texans, though how well he would've fit into the offense is impossible to guess. quinn has been in some bad situations and never really got much of a chance to succeed. he may have been pretty good with us, even carr and sage could look decent to good as starters here, and quinn is better. i dont see him being as effective as schaub though - a more accurate, quicker thinking quarterback - so we definitely got the better end of that deal.