View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub was almost a Jet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Actually, it might have mattered.

Heard a radio interview with Rick Smith a few weeks ago and he was addressing a question about the importance of quarterbacks in this league. He talked about the process of getting Schaub and how they preferred that over their other options at the time.

One of those "other" options? They were considering Brady Quinn through the draft.
Brady Quinn. Ok, so the Texans grab Brady Quinn and Kubiak goes to work on him. Does anyone here think that our results with Quinn might have been better than what Cleveland was able to do with him?

I'm a firm believer that some coaches just have no feel for developing players. Now granted some players will not (or cannot) develop no matter how hard you try (Carr being the obvious example) but I would imagine that if the Texans had decided to pursue Quinn back then it would have been following some serious research and a few interviews. Basically I think in order for Gary to green light that pick he'd have had to been convinced that Quinn could be developed.

Who knows what would have happened.