View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012   #49
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some encouraging news on Brooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
OK, so let's give you the part about two rookies.

I don't know how you know it, the part about Jones outplaying Caldwell as a general thought of "most fans". Are you Obama? J/K

At any rate, in my eyes, Jones has not done that.
He has not outplayed Caldwell.
I always believe that the best man should win the job.
And right now, Caldwell is the better man.
Right now Caldwell is going to be out for awhile. So right now Jones is the better option. Caldwell has chronic ankle problems. IMHO (Doc could speak better about this) So it would be foolish to count on Caldwell to be your starting RG.

Caldwell and Jones have played about the same so far this yr. IMHO Jones has a much better upside and should be the much better RG by the end of the season.

Jones is a smart tough player. He is the future of the Texans interior OL. Caldwell not so much, BTW Brooks is a stud that just needs to learn what it takes to be a professional football player. The reason Brooks has been inactive is the Texans have only been playing 7 guys on gameday. Jones is the OG/C backup and Harris OT backup.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote