View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012   #30
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quarter season 2013 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think if Cody re-signs we will not draft a Nose before 5th. Wade would then draft ILB high to shut down run. I too would like to have a Martin type nose.

I am not the expert on comp picks but sounds logical that Mario's play could make difference. He does have wrist injury.
I think main focus on comp picks is what you gave up in FA status versus what you get. Mario > Alan Ball/ Ryan Harris. I also think round the player was originally drafted in plays a part.
I think there's very little chance that Cody is re-signed. With Brown and Schaub in new contracts and Barwin needing to be re-signed, that money will have to come from somewhere and a 1st round pick is cheaper and usually better than a vet. FA.
I don't know all the rules of comp. picks but I think we signed Ball and Harris for vet. minimum and that won't count against us when considering comp. picks. Also Mario's huge contract should guarantee us a 3rd round comp.. I just hope we get that 5th for Brisiel.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote