View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1/4 Season 2013 Mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Set aside sacks for now and you are saying you are good with Barwin's production first four games? If yes, I cannot understand why.
Think in terms of TEAM for a moment. Does it really matter WHO gets the SACKS just long as they get SACKS? When teams focus more emphasis on WATT, because they have to, it will open up lanes for other pass rushers, including Barwin who so far has faced Jake Long (1st overall pick 08) Eugene Monroe (8th overall 09), Ryan Clady (12th overall 08) & Michael Roos (42nd 05) one could easily argue they are the strength of each teams OL. This week he gets D'Brickashaw Ferguson 4th overall selection in 06, one many Texan fans I remember wanted over the big three including Mario.

So please think about the competition he faces & matched up with, his responsibility for setting the edge keeping containment then trying to get to the QB first before some SWATT guy who is having a pro bowl year get's there first

I also don't base my impression of Connor after only four games. Would I like to see more production, sacks, you betcha but defense is strong, he plays his role still well, sooner or later he will break through just like he's proved in the past. Texans have far greater needs than adding another OLB into an already crowded can't get a Mercilus attack.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote