View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quarter season 2013 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
To me it doesn't matter whether he stays or goes, we still need another NT. If for nothing else than more depth. And Fangupo, or any other UDFA, is not the answer IMO. So, I do agree with you that NT should be high on the draft priority list. How high will the Texans be looking? I don't know. But, if there is another Mike Martin type available in the mid rounds I hope they don't pass him by like they did last draft.

Also, y'all are pretty confident the Texans will get another 3rd round pick, I assume for losing Mario in FA. But, isn't that contingent on how he plays as part of the FA compensation formula?
I think if Cody re-signs we will not draft a Nose before 5th. Wade would then draft ILB high to shut down run. I too would like to have a Martin type nose.

I am not the expert on comp picks but sounds logical that Mario's play could make difference. He does have wrist injury.
I think main focus on comp picks is what you gave up in FA status versus what you get. Mario > Alan Ball/ Ryan Harris. I also think round the player was originally drafted in plays a part.