View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1/4 Season 2013 Mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Uhhhm, BB.

Some of the guys in Wade's system made a lot of plays to the inside, a certain HOF comes to mind.

The shortest distance to the QB is still the inside.
When you're in one-on-one situation, this guy has a better chance to get there first.
Watt is just incredibly quick/strong and use his hands/arms so well, these interior O-linemen are not used to it.

The fact that Reggie White had his best 3 years of his career under Phillips is a proof (his second, third and fourth year).
Wade used him as a playmaker and moved him around pretty much the same way he's using Watt right now.
Have no idea what your point is. My post says I expect more sacks from Barwin. You say Watt is getting sacks based on incredible skills, so what? I agree, but Barwin should still being doing much better than zero.

I am looking at the system Wade is using with the Texans. Phillips has said he works with what he has. This was said when addressing the nose. With the Texans what position has the most sacks, interior lineman or OLB? Antonio Smith got 6 sacks last year from the same short distance as Watt. Same year Barwin had 11.5 sacks. This front seven should be getting sacks from all positions except nose.