View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You do realize that you are just making stuff up, right? Brooks has been criticized by Kubiak for weight and stamina. Not his make up. A total fabrication.
Slow down, sparky. You and rey's reading comprehension fluid levels are running a quart low.

I said he has the talent/skill set. His ability to harness that is lacking. I don't know what preseason games you were watching, but he's not nearly close enough to be this guy a lot of you are expecting him to be.

Right now, he needs to just be around the game and soak it in. I don't want him out there this year.

Kubiak takes a guy every so often, a guy who has crazy wicked upside, and Brooks is that guy. He's bigger than what Kubiak has used in the ZBS. He's the latest project pick.

Jacoby, then Holliday, and now Brooks. All three guys, IF they hit their potential...end up being phenomenal players for where they're picked and what skill set they possess.

And so far, Jacoby's gone, Holliday is getting his chance now, and Brooks will be that guy in 2013.

The Kool Aid is strong with a lot of you on Brandon Brooks. I personally think he is a project pick. No use in me trying to elaborate any further, though. You guys get back to salivating over his size.

That first twitch action at the snap looked suspect in preseason. If he gets a head of steam, yeah he's a beast. At the snap, he needs a lot of progress there IMO. I hope our season doesn't come down to Brooks pass blocking for Schaub. That's all.