View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #13
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some encouraging news on Brooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Regarding Brooks, I have some question for the FO.
They drafted him at that weight, right?
They knew what they're getting.
It wasn's his fault for being at that weight (whatever he was playing in college at).

But as a mid-round draft pick, the Texans "have the right" to say that if you want to get on the field (instead of being a career back-up), we want you to loose some weight.

Another team, like New Orleans, for example, with Carl Nicks at some 343 lbs at Guard, may not having much problem with Brooks' weight.
But of course, since we're a zone blocking team, so we want our guys to be as fit and trim as possible.
I guess the biggest question I would have is what weight he played at Miami (OH) vs what he showed up to TC as. Which is what I think is the problem is and why he was in the doghouse a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I like Ben Jones for the long term, but I think Caldwell has been progressing OK, except for the injuries.

He came back last year and played quite solidly when Brisiel was out.
And now he has another setback.

An O-lineman who cannot stay on the field may not earn much as far as contract goes. Who knows, he may very well resign with us next year. I wouldn't mind that.
We both agree on Ben Jones being more long term and with Wade Smith's contract coming up soon could be transitioning both G positions. Question for Caldwell is going to be does he want to compete for a possible G position or find another team where he could go back to C. If he resigns I don't see a big cap hit.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote