View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #19
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wanting National Respect for Team is Part of Being a Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
Just longing for more. Meanwhile, Jets fans, on the inverse may be having the opposite effect in that they are hearing TOO much of what they don't want to hear!

snip...I like what I'm hearing as well. To the bolded, Believe it! Just go read their boards!

Personally, I've settled on the notion, that as of today, Houston being one of 2 remaining unbeaten teams in the NFL after 4 weeks, kind of forces the media to recognize they have likely arrived. If the winning continues, and say we find the team sitting at 8-0 or 9-0 (I believe its possible/borderline probable), those talking heads will transition from recognizing to really believing as well. It's easy for me to believe... I've been hopefully anticipating the day belief becomes reality and with each passing week, I'm savoring the heightened sense of pride I feel that I personally can't imagine being able to feel if not for the past ups and DOWNS I've endured following practically every game since Sept. 8, 2002.

I'm with you on the bolded as well. I was talking to members of the Blue Crew before & after the game Sunday. While trying to maintain the "one game at a time" mindset and focus that the team lives by, it's dadgum difficult for this fan.

My mindset is after we win it all I don't want to see the imaginary asterisk by our season. My point being we need to beat the big 3 on our schedule starting with the Ravens, followed by the Pack and then the Bradys and continue to win the games we're 'supposed' to win. If we can sweep these 3 Big games we are So There. That's a bye and homefield for the playoffs. When the season began I was including the Lions as well but at this point I think they will make Turkey Day even that much more enjoyable. I didn't give the Vikes a second thought, that's slowly changing. Call me a if ya wanna but I feel I'm just being optimistic .

It's a GREAT year to be a Texan Fan.

I saw that Peter King quote on MMQB and couldn't agree more. Great post, thanks.
Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote