View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wanting National Respect for Team is Part of Being a Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don't know what you guys are watching or not watching. Almost every NFL show I am seeing they are all saying the Texans are the most complete team, best in the NFL, etc etc. After the Rams/Cards game on the NFL Network someone was saying Matt Schaub so far is the NFL MVP. Another one said JJ Watt is the MVP.

All NFL power rankings I have seen have the Texans as 1. What else do you want?

If anything I think they are getting too hyped up nationally for my liking.

The Jets are getting national attention because they are a train wreck and those types of stories are great for ratings. Believe me, you don't want the Texans getting that type of media attention. I am sure every Jets fan would swap the type of media attention the Texans are getting right now with what they are getting right now.

I don't see the Giants complaining either. They just win Super Bowls while the Jets get all of the media.
All the positive pub makes me nervous, as well. Too many times in NFL history has the teams that jumped out at the beginning of a season melted down later in the season. While I do not think this will happen with the Texans, we don't know until that time comes to pass.

I want this team to stay hungry and never let up on the gas pedal. Too much hype can often lull teams into a sense of perceived greatness before they achieve actual greatness. Hopefully Kubiak's personality is shaping the mindset of this team, and I believe it has already, so they keep their noses to the grindstone and only see the publicity in hindsight of enjoying an NFL championship season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Man, for some reason it's hard for me to find a Texans hat that fits my head. Either too big or too tight and gives me a headache.
I've got the same problem. Must be big brains. You can find some hats out there that are "L/XL", and those are super comfy for our massive-brained domes.