View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some encouraging news on Brooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Good news on Brooks in that he seems to be catching on far as weight and game speed. I didn't think he would likely be ready for a starting spot this season, but physically the guy has the tools you want in dominant guard. It's good to hear he's eager to get on the field and hasn't been happy about being unsuited on the sidelines. While he might have the frame of a RT, I just don't get why people would even consider the idea if he hasn't even learned to play G at the NFL level yet.
Regarding Brooks, I have some question for the FO.
They drafted him at that weight, right?
They knew what they're getting.
It wasn's his fault for being at that weight (whatever he was playing in college at).

But as a mid-round draft pick, the Texans "have the right" to say that if you want to get on the field (instead of being a career back-up), we want you to loose some weight.

Another team, like New Orleans, for example, with Carl Nicks at some 343 lbs at Guard, may not having much problem with Brooks' weight.
But of course, since we're a zone blocking team, so we want our guys to be as fit and trim as possible.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote