View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Theismann says Romo “isn’t that good”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Moon < Pressure

I have never seen a QB look so great then turn around and fold in the clutch as much as Moon.

I was probably his biggest fan during that stretch but toward the end I started realizing what a choker (no pun intended on his domestic issues) he was.
I've always liked Moon, but this is the truth. He was not an inspirational leader. I remember him sitting alone on the bench many times, disengaged from the game, lost in thought, and certainly not firing up the troops in any way. I remember wondering if he even wanted to be there sometimes.

35-3 was a good example. He had a perfect first half, but simply failed to seal the deal in the second half. Yeah, team meltdown, and not entirely his fault, but he did make some bad mistakes along with the rest of the team in the second half of that game. I can't imagine guys like Montana, Aikman, Elway, Marino, Young, giving up a 33 point lead in less than one half of a playoff game.