View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some encouraging news on Brooks!

Good news on Brooks in that he seems to be catching on far as weight and game speed. I didn't think he would likely be ready for a starting spot this season, but physically the guy has the tools you want in dominant guard. It's good to hear he's eager to get on the field and hasn't been happy about being unsuited on the sidelines. While he might have the frame of a RT, I just don't get why people would even consider the idea if he hasn't even learned to play G at the NFL level yet.

Jones was a great draft pick and with his experience in the SEC and some big time DTs he is probably more ready to play.

I feel good about those two moving forward overall.

I've always felt a bit bad for Caldwell, guy was an All-American center and when Myers caught on at center FT (also got some much better guard play) he was shifted to G. I think he's probably a better fit at center and if he's a FA this next year it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign elsewhere to try and move back to C.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote