View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wanting National Respect for Team is Part of Being a Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It could be that NATIONAL RESPECT is more important to the bandwagoner fans than it is to us diehards who have been here through it all!! They obviously like all the attention, and want more, esp for themselves.

Right now, I could care less what all the talking heads say, or predict. The only thing that matters to me is holding up that Lombardi come Feb, and then getting to camp out at Reliant for a year looking at it!! THAT'S the prize that will bring National RESPECT, and with that will come short term attention! Short term because we are not located on the East Coast, nor do we have a flippin star stuck on our head.

There's no guarantee that will bring any national respect either. Remember the Rocket's 1st NBA title and how they were "dissed" by the so called "national media" when, I think it was Sports Illustrated, left them off the front cover of their magazine and put some lame golf tournament coverage on the front. They backpedaled some when the Houston fans started complaining and cancelling their subscriptions, and they rushed to put out a special issue with all Rockets NBA Championship coverage.

It doesn't bother me much anymore about what the national media thinks of Houston and its sports teams. I've come to expect it from them. I guess the only revenge we have now is, in the immortal words of Al Davis (aka. "the crypt-keeper"), "Just win baby!"
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote