View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1/4 Season 2013 Mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Thanks for the review guys, good constructive criticism. Although I disagree that a pass rushing OLB is a need, we're deep at OLB.

*Short or Jesse Williams just make so much sense for our system. I think both would work equally well here.
*I like Wagner as well but like BB pointed out to me he seems a little slow for NFL OT. I think he'd be a stud at OG for us but he'd be like Winston at RT, great in run blocking but has trouble with the outside speed rushers.
*I just watched a bunch of videos looking for basic CB skills and athleticism/fluidity. I looked at Johnny Adams, Micah Hyde, Logan Ryan, Jordan Poyer, and Terry Hawthorne. I really like Hawthorne but there's no way he's still available in the 3rd, looks to be an early 2nd to me. Hyde and Ryan both look like future Safeties, and Adams is ehhhh nothing special. Of course everything will change between now and April, some will move up and some down.
*I see Hyde as depth behind Quin as well and our Safety depth needs alot of work. Hyde only falls to the 4th because of a change of positions transferring to the NFL.
*I'd like to solidify ILB as well but how early of a pick do we spend on a 2 down rotational player? Also the need for ILB will be lessened with a better DT/NT in the middle. I like Jackson as well.
*I like Blaze size, strength, and experience at the position.
*I'm just thinking we solidify the P position for the next 10-12 yrs. so that we can quit buying these relatively expensive aged FA every year. We can save some money here, and have a backup K as well.
*I thought of an extra WR here for competition purposes. I could also go for a FB to solidify the position as well, maybe Zach Boren-FB from Ohio St. Most 7th round picks don't make their respective teams rosters as long as the roster has good talent already. I'm thinking the extra competition will be good because I like Martin but Jean hasn't shown me anything to go wow about and Posey is a mistake that will take Kubiak years to admit to. Even if Posey works out I think he tops out as a #3 or #4 WR, nothing special.
we are in complete agreement on this topic, you must be reflecting on others comments.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote