View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #40
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Intresting stuff about the Texans in this power rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree with this take. Most head coaching vacancies are with teams that have hit rock bottom. These teams usually need complete overhaul and must be built from the ground with regards to stocking players and changing losing attitudes.

Not too many openings like Jim Caldwell got with a HoF QB just coming off a Super Bowl win. And I think he was promoted from within anyway.

If the "perfect situation" ever exists for Wade, go for it. But, I think it's a very narrowly defined situation at this point, considering his age and prior record as a HC.
Well, yes and no. Sometimes, a team can't get over the hump - or are stuck in the middle - and need a coaching change. Chicago comes to mind as a team that, if they don't hit certain goals this year, I could see making a coaching change.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote