View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Intresting stuff about the Texans in this power rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't doubt he would like to have another HC gig but I think he is going to be very picky about it. Usually HC jobs are offered from dysfunctional organizations. Not many people get to walk into a 14-2 team like Norv Turner. I also do think his local ties and his father's opinion will have a factor on making the choice more difficult than ordinary.
I agree with this take. Most head coaching vacancies are with teams that have hit rock bottom. These teams usually need complete overhaul and must be built from the ground with regards to stocking players and changing losing attitudes.

Not too many openings like Jim Caldwell got with a HoF QB just coming off a Super Bowl win. And I think he was promoted from within anyway.

If the "perfect situation" ever exists for Wade, go for it. But, I think it's a very narrowly defined situation at this point, considering his age and prior record as a HC.