View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quarter season 2013 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not sure about the players right now so I'll just speak about the positions.

I like the nt pick. I think a player at that position could come in and compete for playing time right away.

I don't care what anyone says, cody is average to below average. earl is a good rotational player but hasn't shown to be starting material. If we could add a true force at the position this defense becomes even scarier. Would help keep the ilb's clean and would help is against the run.

Olb, I like the role Brooks reed is in. I don't think we have a great pass rushing lb in rotation right now. I don't like barwin, and I am not a fan of merciless and have disliked that pick from the word go.

I really wanted Bruce Irvin in the last draft but he had character issues and he went way before we picked. If we can add a true pass rushing threat on the outside this defense becomes even better.

If we were to hit on those first two picks the texans could be looking at trying to create a long sustained run at success.

Again, I like the safety cb pick.

Your first three picks address areas that I think could stand to be stronger.

Now here's where it gets iffy for me. Wr. Don't need, don't want. No room. Much too early. Even if you cut kw (who has played well so far) you still have a bunch if young guys that are capable. Pick up some udfa wr's or take a late round flyer on a guy.

TE. I'm ok with it there. Not thrilled with it, but I'm ok with it. Would much rather have an OT here though.

ILB needs to be taken higher. I'd argue that we can afford to take a guy there as high as the first or second round depending on their versatility. Buy I'd definitely look to take an ilb somewhere in the first 4 rounds.

6th and 7th....whatever...just take guys you like and you like the guys you selected so...
Enjoyed your post. Here are my thoughts: Our WRs strengths depend on whom you ask. Beerlover for example wants one in second & you 5th or later. I tend to agree with BL as we have little to evaluate anyone other than AJ. Walter has 9 for 131 & one TD in four games. Not good enough for a WR2 imo. He turns 32 August 2013 & is owed $7 m for '13 & '14. Martin has 4 catches @ 9.8 whoopie. Jean or Posey better come strong in '13 or your late round WR better be gold.

ILB? Who? Te'o solid but gone in first. Skov? If you watch him you'd say, nuh uh, no thanks! Nico Johnson? Find some 2012 info on him, I can't. 18 tackles for ILB, Te'o has 36. Would I like a ILB earlier? Sure but ain't one. I'm hoping James improves & re-signs cheap. He looked better against Tenn but he should have.