View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Wade phliips holding back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
And I believe that is true for offense, for the most part, as well as defense.

The only exception offensively was when they started the game against the jags with several screen plays in a row. I thought it worked well, but it seemed strange to me at the time.
I have been impressed the O has come in with very distinct game plans. The Denver game they were slinging it. But generally I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Nobody's telling individual players not to play well. Something isn't right with the O-Line, and it's not just the right side, either. Something is....not bad, but just not as effective as before. Wasn't there a rule change of some kind effecting the backside blocks?
I mentioned this last year when we had a rushing slump. We run the stretch off two different angles. The OL sometimes comes off the line at about a 45 degree angle. Other times they come off at about 75 degrees. The larger angle seems to be much more successful to me. I would love to know what the coaches see/reason in making the choice.