View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #80
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Cut...Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Vegan and vegetarian are not the same thing. Not even from the diet standpoint. Veganism is much more intense -- no dairy, no honey, etc., etc.

Sometimes people use the term "vegetarian" to really mean just not eating beef -- which is wrong. So you get people who are ovo-lacto vegetarians (who eat eggs and dairy products), etc. But Veganism is a stand against animals being used for any sort of production of anything. My Vegan bodybuilder friend puts it like this: nothing with a face or that came from something with a face. So things like white Flour that use bits of animal bone in the bleaching process can't be eaten. All dairy is out. Honey is out because the bees are being exploited.

A great example of a Vegetarian with some muscle is Bill Pearl. He is not, however, a Vegan to the best of my knowledge. I doubt Joe Namath and Dwyer, etc., are Vegans. I think they're just vegetarians. Which has a lot more leeway.
Namath, Dryer, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris.......all vegetarian. However, an example of a true vegan is Jon Fitch, who at age 34 at is the #5 MMA welterweight competitor in the world, with only 4 losses to his name. In an episode of Myth Busters which some of you may have caught, the team wanted to test whether a person could punch their way out of a coffin. For his part, Fitch laid on his back and punched up into a sensor. With only 3 inches of before contact, sensors measured Fitch’s punch at 1,450 pounds of force. In other words, it would be preferable to get hit in the face with a sledgehammer which would generate 1000 pounds of force.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote