View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #77
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Cut...Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Some NFL players that are vegans include G Deuce Lutui (Seahawks), FB Tony Fiammetta (Pats), RB Ricky Williams (formerly with the Dolphins).

Robert Parish, Boston Celtics Center has been a vegan for a long time; so are HOF Bill Walton (a real banger at Center) and PFW John Salley.

Baseball great Hank Aaron was a vegan. I think he had 755 career home runs.

Former QB Joe Namath was a vegan.
Once he was asked the question and provided the following answer:
I have been a vegetarian for a few years. Fred Dryer (DE) of the Rams has been one for ten years. It shows you dont need meat to play football.

Martial art legend Bruce Lee was a vegan; so is Chuck Norris.

Some light are shed here for those who might be interested:
http://www.pcrm.org/search/?cid=251
Vegan and vegetarian are not the same thing. Not even from the diet standpoint. Veganism is much more intense -- no dairy, no honey, etc., etc.

Sometimes people use the term "vegetarian" to really mean just not eating beef -- which is wrong. So you get people who are ovo-lacto vegetarians (who eat eggs and dairy products), etc. But Veganism is a stand against animals being used for any sort of production of anything. My Vegan bodybuilder friend puts it like this: nothing with a face or that came from something with a face. So things like white Flour that use bits of animal bone in the bleaching process can't be eaten. All dairy is out. Honey is out because the bees are being exploited.

A great example of a Vegetarian with some muscle is Bill Pearl. He is not, however, a Vegan to the best of my knowledge. I doubt Joe Namath and Dwyer, etc., are Vegans. I think they're just vegetarians. Which has a lot more leeway.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote