View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we overusing Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
When your knees are already swelling from the beginning of the season and your knee remains an issue as demonstrated by the injury reports, you don't necessarily need to take direct hits to get worse......just repetition which can lead to "overuse knee syndromes" leading to damage of muscle, tendon, cartilage, bone, ligament, or any combination thereof. And this is not to even mention the not uncommon dreaded "compensation" injury. And if not rested overuse syndromes can to conditions requiring surgery. When we're dealing with all these one year high carry numbers historically, we need to keep in mind that these account for regular season numbers only. Most of the high carry RBs may have never reached the postseason with their teams in those specific years of record high carries despite their numbers, let alone ever reached the Super Bowl..........reaching the Super Bowl would require substantial additional numbers and additional wear and tear.........substantial numbers that will need to be added to Foster's season carries should we be fortunate enough to make the Super Bowl. So many people here are saying Hell with next year, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead, we're only concerned with making the Super Bowl THIS YEAR. You may want to stop and think of the not so unreal possibility of Foster not making it through to the postseason let alone to the Super Bowl, if the present course remains unchanged. But I guess there's always next year.
I forgot about the knee problems. That is somewhat of a gamechanger for me. They should atleast monitor Fosters carries more closely. Do you think Gary will take this into consideration? I dont.

With that said I belive that this yr is the best chance the Texans have to make the SB, so you've got to ride your horse. If Foster goes down, then Tate will have to step up. Tate is a luxury that the Texans probably will not have next yr. He's the reason I would ride Foster hard this yr.

Plus to achieve greatness sometimes you have to accept the risk and move forward. I'm not worried about Fosters workload at this point because as the season wears on his carries should get reduced at some point without Gary having to make a conscious effort to do so.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote