Originally Posted by Wolf6151
My newest picks for next year.
1. Kawaan Short-DT/NT, I like the size, ability to stuff the middle run, and stand up to the double teams. I'd have no problem with BB's pick of Jesse Williams-DT here either.
2. Dallas Thomas-OT, Tennessee has moved him from LT to LG this year but I think he has the athleticism to play RT and I don't have the confidence that BB has in Newton. I think Newton will be a very good swing OT for us much like Butler was but I don't think he's the answer to RT long term and Harris is a patchwork.
3. Jordan Poyer-CB, the more I look at next years CB class the less I like it. Many of them will be future Safeties in the NFL instead of CB's. I think Poyer adds some good depth after McCain leaves in FA and Harris moves up to Nickle.
3b. Quinton Patton-WR, I like this guys ability to catch with his hands, run routes, and ability to go over the middle/not afraid to play physical, decent speed as well. Despite what Jean, and Martin can do we need extra talent at the position and I've got no confidence in Posey at all. I also think Walter is a possible salary cap cut, hope not though.
4. Micah Hyde-CB/S, he's stiff for a CB and his future in the NFL is at Safety, for that reason I think he falls a little.
5. Jonathan Bostic-ILB, DT in the 1st lessens the need for an early ILB. I like Bostic's size, speed, and productivity. He adds depth to the position along with special teams.
5b. Blaze Foltz-OG, we've got Brooks and Jones already and I think Brooks in the starter at RG in 2013 so we only need some added depth at OG. I could also go for Braden Hansen-OG here as well.
6. Quinn Sharp-P, Jones is old for the NFL and a better P to hold the position for the next 10+ yrs. would be nice at a time when field position is so important. Sharp is also a Kicker so we'd have an extra K on the roster in cases of injury.
7. Erik Highsmith-WR, great size for the position and added depth to push our young corp. of WR's. I've read that he has a great work ethic as well.
1) I am a huge fan of Short. Sign me up, and dont think twice.
2) Going OT is a good call here, IMO. Newton has not looked bad, but it is another one of those positions where we could use an upgrade and depth. I dont know a ton about Thomas, but he seems like a good pick here.
3) I dont know a lot about Poyer. CB is always a solid pick though.
3) I really like Patton. Great pick.
4) I like Hyde as well. You may be underselling him at CB, but I could definitely see him being a starting caliber FS in the NFL.
5) I am not wild about Bostic. I just dont see an NFL player when I focus on him. ILB is a need though.
5) I dont know enough about Foltz, but oline depth is always good.
6) Punter? Why not.
7) I have not been impressed with Highsmith this year. Furthermore, we have a ton of you WRs, so I think grabbing just one (and a good one at that in Patton) will be enough. I would look for a pass rushing specialist, fullback, tight end or quarterback. Those seem, to me at least, positions where a rookie can slide onto the roster. WR just seems too stacked with young talent.
Nice work, I would be a happy camper.