View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012   #70
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Cut...Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Merciless will benefit from not being pressured into having to be as dominant "right out of the gate" as Texans rookie 1st rounders had traditionally been forced into.

Tate? I think he's nearing the stage in his development that he could challenge Foster as #1. Why? Foster's new diet is killing his Sundays. Period. Nobody has yet to respond to my comments on it and that's because they know it's true. It was a neat theory--Can a dominating NFL RB like Foster go all plant-based and still dominate? Nope.

Tate is no slouch. Foster needs to scale back and try vegan every other day and normal every other day. Give us your absolute best even if it means shelving a personal agenda.

Barwin needs to finish the year out, let's see him in a full 16+ games. If Foster falls off any more than he is already, give Tate more snaps.

Holiday? I don't like him on the 53, I understand "why" though, and yet I also want him playing out the full season. In playoffs? Manning or Forsett on returns, no ifs ands or buts...but Kubiak won't do that (see: Jacoby playing return man the ENTIRE Ravens playoff game last year).
I thought this had been put to bed by TPN and other guys who ARE vegan in other threads (and no, I ain't gonna look them up EDIT: Okay I DID go look some up; they're mostly in the Arian turns Vegan thread). I'm pretty sure they said that one can get plenty of good protein from plant-based sources. I believe others chimed in with examples of other successful athletes that were various levels of vegetarian/vegan. Then Doc said this...

Quote:
A diet high in animal protein is known to be harmful (many would say disastrous) to our health, while a plant-based (vegan) diet prevents disease and is restorative to our health. This is re-inforced with a myriad of peer-reviewed scientific medical studies/trials. Even the very conservative ADA (American Dietetic Association) released a Position Satement :

Quote:
Vegetarian diets are often associated with a number of health advantages, including lower blood cholesterol levels, lower risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure levels, and lower risk of hypertension and type 2 diabetes. Vegetarians tend to have a lower body mass index (BMI) and lower overall cancer rates.
[Full Position Paper-http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-aru070109.php]

No one is trying to force anyone into a specific type of diet.....just presenting such with well-known and scientifically established benefits.
I sincerely invite you or anyone else to enjoy your steaks, but please don’t make outlandish statements against those that have chosen, for whatever reasons, to incorporate some very simple, well-established healthful principles.
That was good enough for me. You must be ignoring the responses that disspell this anti-vegan assertion. I KNOW they are out there.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote